Guide School with Nick and Taylor Streit Price: $595.00 Per Person
The Streit’s and their guides are the logical choice to conduct this school as Taylor was elected as a “legendary guide” in 2001 into the Freshwater Fishing Hall Of Fame. He and Nick have 60 years of guiding experience! Taylor’s four books are Instinctive Fly Fishing 1 and II, Fly Fishing New Mexico and Man vs Fish—The Fly Fisherman’s Eternal Struggle.
Topics Covered will Include:
• Evaluating conditions/where to fish and when
• The fly fishing personalities—guiding kids, woman, beginners and experts
• Taking charge and keeping clients in good water
• Hatches, fly choices
• Knots and rigging
• Pond guiding
• Landing and releasing fish
• The fun part--exploring—how to find fish with maps and google earth
• And last but not least—crafting the “fishing excuse”
· GUIDES CHARM SCHOOL: Making lunch, clock reading, gassing up (the car that is—not the guide). Getting big tips! And where to look for guiding jobs. Hosting trips. Ranch jobs etc.
· Drift boat instruction available
This school runs 3 and a half days and the total cost is $595 (plus tax) that includes a copy of Instinctive Fly Fishing II. If you just want to take this course but have no plans of guiding, you are welcome. You will acquire a much deeper understanding of the sport and be of much more assistance in helping to teach others to fly fish. (Please keep in mind, although students will get to fish, this school is not really about attendees catching fish.)
Lunch will be included on the last day.
Deposit of 1/2 required.
Gear sales are less 10% for students from Taos Fly Shop
Rental gear available.