Guide School with Taylor and Nick Streit Price: $595.00 Per Person
A practical, no-nonsense course for people intrested in becoming a fly fishing guide.
The Streit’s and their guides are the logical choice to conduct this school as Taylor was elected as a “legendary guide” in 2001 into the Freshwater Fishing Hall Of Fame. He and Nick have 60 years of guiding experience! Taylor’s four books are Instinctive Fly Fishing 1 and II, Fly Fishing New Mexico and Man vs Fish—The Fly Fisherman’s Eternal Struggle.
- Instinctive Fly Fishing II will be our text book. It was written from a guide’s perspective and has been called “the guide’s bible”. It is unlike any other fly fishing book because it gets down to the real reasons why people do—or don’t—catch fish—not theory.
- Evaluating conditions/where to fish and when
- The fly fishing personalities—guiding kids, woman, beginners and experts
- Taking charge and keeping clients in good water
- Hatches, fly choices
- Knots and rigging
- Pond guiding
- Landing and releasing fish
- The fun part--exploring—how to find fish with maps and google earth
- And last but not least—crafting the “fishing excuse”
- GUIDES CHARM SCHOOL: Making lunch, clock reading, gassing up (the car that is—not the guide). Getting big tips! And where to look for guiding jobs. Hosting trips. Ranch jobs etc.
- Drift boat instruction available